The sun that set so beautifully behind the Tetons on October 31, . . .
. . . rose to shine on them again the next morning.
God is so faithful to give the earth that blessing every day.
Ray and I spent the day before the wedding driving from south to north through Grand Tetons National Park. Our first stop was at Menor’s Ferry Historic District. We walked to the Maud Noble Cabin.
Inside this cabin, on July 26, 1923, Horace Albright, the superintendent of Yellowstone National Park, met with local people who wanted to preserve the beautiful area from development.
Near Miss Noble’s cabin is Bill Menor’s whitewashed log cabin.
Menor chose this spot carefully as the best location along the Snake River to run a ferry.
This is a replica of Menor’s ferry.
The Chapel of the Transfiguration stands near the Noble and Menor cabins.
In the rafters of the covered entryway . . .
. . . was the sweet-ringing church bell . . .
. . . which Ray enjoyed ringing. Maud Noble donated land for the chapel, which opened in 1926.
The first worshipers were guests and employees of the dude ranches that dotted the base of the Tetons in this area. This sign shows their horses waiting for their riders.
The church has services every Sunday during the summer. The visitor centers in Grand Teton National Park closed for the season on November 1, which was the day we were in the park, but we were thankful that the chapel was open.
Inside was this beautiful window . . .
. . . and this one.
But the prettiest window was the one we could see from the rustic pews.
No need for stained glass here–just a clear window to see the view that God created outside.
He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes.
He casts forth His ice as fragments;
Who can stand before His cold?
He sends forth His word and melts them;
He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow.